The beloved, brave and faithful dog is called the man’s best friend and with a very good reason, it is the pet for excellence, a noble animal very useful and lovely, dogs perform several works helping people, like pulling a sleigh, cop dogs, guide dogs for blind people or rescue dogs, in all these fields they have proved to be extremely valuable, they also give unconditional love to their humans so they are the perfect company for kids, who will be loved and ferociously protected by them.
Dogs are very intelligent and brave, they can understand a lot of instructions which makes them very trainable, they have a strong instinct of community as they are very social animals, they also have very developed senses which are used by people to teach them to perform several activities even to predict epileptic attacks in humans, they are also very athletic, curious, active and playful.
Care tips for your dog
Dogs needs some care to be happy and healthy, first of all, we need to be aware that they are dogs, not humans, so their needs are different from ours, here there are some care tips:
- First, before acquire a dog as pet, we need to decide which kind of dog we want, according to available space and money, the characteristics of the race, etc.
- We also must to prepare our home for the new member of the family, for example, some home plants are toxic for dogs if they eat them, we must put those plants away from dog´s reach.
- Naming your dog, the name is very important and should not be changed once it have been decided, choose short names and try to avoid names that may sound like orders or instructions to not confuse your dog, you need to identify it with a dog tag, chip, tattoo, etc.
- Acquire all the supplies your dog may need, you and your are going to use some important things, like; dog collar, dog leash, harness, muzzle, bed, toys, plates for food and water, coat or clothes in case of cold weather, brush for fur and for teeth, dog kennel, etc.
- Health, take your dog to vet regularly, be sure it has all its vaccines, give it the proper food and avoid food that may be toxic for dogs, some people give to dogs the same food they eat, but dogs aren’t humans and many human food is toxic for them, also give him the right amount of food to avoid problems with weight that may affect their health.
- Training your dog, it is a rewarding activity and you must be firm and teach them discipline with love, you can also hire an expert to help you to train it.
- Grooming, this is a very important aspect of your pet’s life, you must take care of its skin, fur, nails, teeth, ears, eyes, etc., and use the proper product for your dog, you may hire a professional too.